The Regions 11 & 12 Institutionalization-Localization Workshop and a Top Level Policy Dialogue was conducted on November 7-9, 2017 at the Grand Menseng Hotel in Davao City.
The Regions 11 & 12 Institutionalization-Localization Workshop:
The Institutionalization-Localization Workshop began with general overviews and contextual presentations:
• “Overview on the Project” was facilitated by Mr. Rene Clemente (ALG Program Officer)
• “Overview of Human Rights Principles, with Focus on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR)” was facilitated by Mr. Miguel Peñalosa (CHR Region 11)
• “United Nations Concluding Observations on the Combined 5th and 6th Periodic Reports to the Philippines (2016)” was facilitated by Mr. Melvin Lamanilao (PBPF)
• “Guidelines on the Conduct of the DOLE, DILG, DND, DOJ, PNP and AFP Relative to the Exercise of Workers’ Rights and Activities” was facilitated by Major Eduardo Esquivias (AFP HRO)
• “The ESCR Programs of the CHR” was facilitated by Ms. Riza Concha (CHR Region 12)
Prior to planning, several presentations more were made for additional information and considerations for planning:
• “On Monitoring and Evaluation” was facilitated by Rene Clemente (ALG)
• “The CHR en banc Resolution on Community-Based Dialogues” was facilitated by Atty. Janer Santiago (CHR Region 11)
Lastly, a workshop was conducted to formulate plans to address priority ESCR issues.
The Top Level Policy Dialogue:
The Top Level Policy Dialogue entitled “Justice, Peace and Security as Essential Pillars of the Philippine Development Plan (PDP)” was held on November 9 at the same venue (Grand Menseng Hotel). The two main speakers of the dialogue were NEDA Region 11 Chief of the Policy Formulation and Planning Division, Mr. Miguel S. Herrera III, who presented “The PDP 2017-2022: Chapters on Justice, Peace and Security,” and Major Eduardo Esquivias of the AFP HRO, who presented “The DSSP Kapayapaan.”
The Regions 11 & 12 Institutionalization-Localization Workshop and the Top Level Policy Dialogue are activities under the “Community-based Dialogue Sessions on Human Rights Promotion and Protection” project, a collaboration between the Alternative Law Groups (ALG), the Commission on Human Rights (CHR), the Armed Forces of the Philippines (through the AFP Human Rights Office), the Philippine National Police (through the PNP Human Rights Affairs Office), the Philippine Alliance of Human Rights Advocates (PAHRA), with support from the Hanns Seidel Foundation of Germany.
Date: July 4, 2020