The Environmental Defense Program (EnDefense) launched the Paralegal Skills Upgrading Session on March 15-16, 2017 at the Microtel Technohub, Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City.
On Day 1 (March 22), Atty. Marlon Manuel (ALG) revisited the Paralegal Training on Environmental Litigation on February 2016. The rest of the morning was spent on sharing on updates about the cases of the participants, and raising issues and concerns.
In the afternoon, several discussion sessions were held:
• Amended Fisheries Code and the IRR – by Atty. Genee Mislang (Tanggol Kalikasan)
• Administrative Adjudication before DENR and DA-BFAR – by Atty. Genee Mislang (TK)
• Case Study on SLAPP: Dejesa, et al., Botolan, Zambales – by Atty. Gerthie Mayo-Anda (ELAC)
On Day 2, case studies were discussed:
• Precautionary Principle: The Greenpeace BT eggplant case, aerial spray case, and the USS Guardian case – by Atty. Gerthie Mayo-Anda (ELAC)
• NCIP Jurisdiction: Aberasturi case – by Atty. Jing Tauli-Corpuz (Tebtebba Foundation)
The last session, moderated by Atty. Tonet Ramos (ALG), was planning for Next Steps.
Date: July 5, 2020